Translation




Select Your Language Below if English isn't Your Main Language

TRANSLATE / SELECT LANGUAGE

Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Slayer by Kele Moon #TopReads2015 Interview


THE SLAYER is one of my top reads of 2015.  The amazing Kele Moon agreed to an interview and Chuito even stopped by.  Keep reading for an excerpt from the upcoming THE ENFORCER (Tino's story).


To Chuito the apartment was a self-imposed prison for a lifetime of sins. To Alaine, the girl next door, it was salvation from her overbearing, religious father.


He was a devil.

She was an angel.


Two people who should’ve never met, let alone become friends, but it’s not until they give into the dangerous passion that’s been simmering under the surface for five years that things go to hell. 

On the outside, Chuito ‘The Slayer’ Garcia is on top of the world. He’s successful. He’s wealthy. He's a champion MMA fighter surrounded by friends who support him, but they don’t know what he was before he came to Garnet.


A gangster.

A thief.

An addict.
A murderer.


Now his past is churning up demons he can’t ignore. Chuito knows he needs to go back to Miami to end it, but there's something holding him back, a single temptation he can't resist before leaving.

Alaine. 

She’s the one drug he can’t give up…even if it destroys them both.

“To me you’re coke. Fine. Smooth. Perfectly white. Very bad for me, but so fucking sexy I don’t give a shit. It’s worth going down for.” – Chuito Garcia





INTERVIEW


Your men consistently make it onto my top book boyfriends lists.  How do you continue to make them the perfect amount of hot?  They aren't too lacking or too over the top.  They're perfect.  Is it hard to find that special line?  Do you find yourself editing a lot to get it right?


First! YAY! So glad they’re the perfect amount of hot. . . Though usually, they just write themselves. Sometimes they do things that I want to smack my forehead over. . . Like, oh, Chuito, don’t say that. . . And. . . you said it. . . Especially if it’s something politically incorrect, which he is known to do!


I don’t edit them or curb them too much. . . If that’s how they come out, that’s how I try to keep it.


You mix in a lot of Spanish, Italian and other non-English phrases in your books.  Did you already know these words or did you get help?


A lot of the Spanish swear words and endearments I knew. . . Thanks to my husband’s family. I did need help with anything outside the Spanish basics, and the Italian took some work.


I have people who help me with all the other languages. Italian, Spanish, Russian, etc. . . Also locations and cultural things, like readers from New York City, Miami, Puerto Rico, Italy, etc. . .


Would people in your personal life categorize you as fiery or laid back?  Or some other way?


Both, actually. . . I’m very laid back. I’m originally from Hawaii, so I’m on Hawaiian time most days.  However, if someone does manage to make me mad, I can be VERY fiery. Particularly if someone does something to one of my friends or family.


What is the craziest thing you've researched for a book?  Come on spill it.
wink emoticon


OMG! LOL! Well, I did a LOT of crazy research for Claiming Eden, which was a BDSM book. Including, but not limited to figging and foot whipping. (If you look up figging, um. . . be warned.)


I spend lots of time studying mafia culture, terminology, etc. . . I used to think when I started writing I’d be a horrible researcher, but it’s something I enjoy. Or rather, I’m not sure if I enjoy it, but I enjoy writing the books that require LOTS OF RESEARCH and I like learning new things.


You write M/F and M/M books.  Is one harder than the other?  Do you approach writing them differently?


I don’t think one is harder than the other. It’s sort of a mindset to me. Sometimes I’m in a MM mood, sometimes I’m in a MF mood. . . I like things rough. I like things sweet. I like things optimistic. I like things very dark. . .My muse has more facets than most and I’m not always sure that’s a good thing!


I found that I prefer a more rough and tumble D/s vibe in my MM. . . Where as I believe that would be almost impossible for me in M/F. I did write Danny dominate Eve in Beyond Eden, which was a MMF, but that was NOT easy for me.
So I usually let my kinkster out with my MM a little. . .


What type of environment do you like to write in?  (music on, tv on, total silence, outside, inside, alone, with a writing partner, etc)


I enjoy being alone when I’m power writing and trying to finish a book. So I usually run off and finish alone, but that’s not always easy with kids. Even if I have a husband who supports me as much as he does. . . So I’ll write in the morning before they get up and will get usually 75% of a book done that way before I go away for a writing week and finish.


I’m very into my music lists on Spotify. It’s a serious part of the process for me, finding the right music for each book and some songs will forever be dedicated to certain characters or books after I’m done.  They’ll come on the radio and I’ll tell my husband, “OH! This is a Wyatt song!” –or– “Oh! This is Viper’s theme song!”
HEH! He’s usually like, “Yeah, I know. You told me a 100 times.”





What projects are you working on for 2016?


2016 is SOOOOO busy!
Claiming Eden (Eden Book 3) releases Jan. 26th
The Enforcer (Untamed Hearts 2) should release early in 2016 as well since it’s done and in edits with the publisher.
The Enforcers Revenge is in the works and with luck won’t be TOO long after Enforcer.
I’m also re-releasing Defying the Odds, the first Battered Hearts book. . .
There’s just lots and lots. . .It’s my busiest writing year of my career, but I’m excited to be so busy! I just need to take my vitamins!








Favorites:


Song-


Kele--My favorite song changes by the week. Currently, I’d say Fight Song by Rachel Platten


Chuito—Travesuras Remix by Nicky Jam


Restaurant-


Kele--Um, I’m starting to feel indecisive. I don’t have a favorite. I love so many, but if I had to narrow it down, I’d say Seito Sushi in Orlando. I have spent many hours in there and I never get tired of it. When they closed for lunch it ended my world!


Chuito—Usually, I’d say none, but if I had to pick one…I guess Hal’s Diner since that’s the only one I eat at on a regular basis.


Color-


Kele--Rainbow! I love all colors (I’m definitely indecisive.)


Chuito—Red.


Piece of Clothing-


Kele--I have these little slip on thin sweaters that tie or hang open. I must have 10 of them. I love them. I’ll usually always wear one over a v-neck shirt with jeans when I go out. That’s my uniform.


Chuito—Hoodie. ‘Cause—fuck you.


Time of Day-


Kele--Early morning.


Chuito –After midnight, but before the sun rises.




EXCERPT



Clip from soon to be released--The Enforcer, Untamed Hearts Book 3


Brianna stepped back when she saw Tino staring at her.


Her cheeks flamed with embarrassment.


She glanced away from Tino still spread out on the couch, thighs apart, cock straining against his jeans, with his washboard abs, broad chest, and thick biceps all on display. His full lips were illuminated in the moonlight from the glass windows showing off the six million dollar Mid-town view Moretti money afforded Carina.
He was a fantasy come to life, and she would have to be dead not to look, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t mortified to be caught.


“Y-you were talking in your sleep,” she lied. “I was checking to see if you were okay.”


“I wasn’t sleeping.”


His voice had a rough edge to it that gave Brianna goose bumps. Still she avoided looking at him as she argued, “You made a sound. You were dreaming.”


Tino quirked an eyebrow at her. “I knew you were watching.”


“Oh.” She closed her eyes when she realized that low groan, and the arch of his hips was for her benefit. “You wanted to embarrass me. You succeeded. So congratulations.” She didn’t know if she was angrier with Tino or herself. “I’m going back to bed.”


She turned to leave, but he called out, “I’ll let you watch. If that’s your thing…I’ll do it.”


Brianna turned back to him with wide eyes, because she really couldn’t believe he meant what it sounded like he meant.


Who would do that?


Tino stared at her, unblinking, bedroom eyes hooded and dark in the moonlight. “Is it your thing?”


“Is what my thing?” Her voice was raspy with fear and desire. Her heartbeat was thundering and the ache between her thighs was overwhelming. “Watch what exactly?”


“Watch me jerk off thinking about you,” he said without even flinching. Then he cupped himself through his jeans like he had before when she thought he was sleeping and arched his hips up. “Want it?”


She felt hypnotized by him and the raw sexuality that was choking the air out of the living room. She nodded silently, her gaze on his hand and the way he grabbed himself.


“Yeah,” she said, not sure if she shocked him more or herself when she admitted, “I want it.”


He raised his eyebrows skeptically, making it obvious she surprised him, but he pulled at the button to his jeans anyway. “You sure?”


Brianna looked to the opened fly, the zipper sliding down from the strain of his cock pressing against it. She nodded again. “I’m sure.”


Maybe she just wanted to know she could meet him halfway.


There was such a hard, deadly air to Tino now. Life made him feral, and no matter how beautiful he was, touching him now was dangerous, but she still wanted it…desperately.


He forced the zipper the rest of the way down, still watching her intently, making Brianna very aware of the spaghetti strap nightgown she wore. The way his gaze ran over her body made her realize the city lights behind her caused the thin blue material to be see-through.


He stopped and stared at the V of her nightgown, unapologetically eyeing her tits. “Scared?”
Brianna’s nipples had tightened, and Tino noticed because he missed nothing. She folded her arms over her chest and shifted where she stood.


“Yes. A little,” she admitted and looked toward the closed door to Carina’s room. “Aren’t you?”


“Nope.” Tino pushed his jeans down to prove his point, exposing a pair of tight, blue designer briefs that made him look like an underwear model.


Brianna knew he was big, but seeing the way his cock filled out those briefs, curving to the left, and nearly pushing past the waistband had her gripping at her grandmother’s cross around her neck simply because she needed to do something with her hands.


He actually went so far as to kick off his jeans and push the blanket to the ground, leaving himself vulnerable to Carina or Paco walking out. More so, putting himself completely on display for Brianna and she couldn’t help but ask, “Aren’t you embarrassed?”


He cupped himself again. “Do I look like I have something to be embarrassed about?”


“No.” Brianna shook her head.







A freckle faced, redhead born and raised in Hawaii, Kele Moon has always been a bit of a sore thumb and has come to enjoy the novelty of it. She thrives off pushing the envelope and finding ways to make the impossible work in her story telling. With a mad passion for romance, she adores the art of falling in love. The only rules she believes in is that, in love there are no rules and true love knows no bounds.

So obsessed is she with the beauty of romance and the novelty of creating it she’s lost in her own wonder world most of the time. Thankfully she married her own dark, handsome, brooding hero who had infinite patience for her airy ways and attempts to keep her grounded. When she leaves her keys in the refrigerator or her cell phone in the oven he’s usually there to save her from herself. The two of them now reside in Florida with their three beautiful children who make their lives both fun and challenging in equal parts–They wouldn’t have it any other way.


Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads





MORE BOOKS FROM THIS AUTHOR


FGMAMTC 

Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents 





4 comments:

  1. Great interview and teaser! Can't wait. The Slayer was my top favorite of 2015. Looking to put more of Kele Moon on my 2016 list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she awesome! <3 I'm so looking forward to more.

      Delete
    2. I am so excited for Tino's book!!!
      Slayer was a favorite of mine as well!
      I agree with you, Kele does do a perfect blend with her men.
      Awesome interview! Thank you!

      Delete
    3. Me too! And the interview was so fun. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete